How To Use This Tool
- Log in to your account (if you do not have an account, create one).
- You'll be redirected to the Uploads Table page. This shows you all the data sets that have been uploaded for your school district.
- When you first start - you will not have any entries yet.
- Click on the Upload New Data button to get started.
- This redirects you to a form where you can upload data.
- It also provides instructions on how to format the data.
- And it has a link to an Excel *.csv template which you can download and use.
- Enter in a name for you data upload, find the file and click on the Submit button.
- Data in this tool is organized in the manner shown in the image to the left.
- In the steps below, we will show you how to navigate this using the tool.
- You can use the breadcrumb navigation at any time to go backward in the different levels of the data.
Viewing Data Uploads
- You'll be sent back to the Upload Table - but now there is at least one entry in it.
- Initially it will show "No Data Sets" under View Runs.
- Click on the Create Data Set link for that upload to create some groupings of data.
Creating Data Sets
- This redirects you to a form where you can set the parameters to create data sets for this upload.
- These parameters are:
- Low ISP Value to group for
- Optional High ISP Value to group for
- Step Value - meaning do every ISP Value between the Low and High, every other (2), every fifth(5) and so on.
View Data Set
- After you have created data sets, you are redirected to a Data Sets table as shown to the left.
- The algorithm will create multiple sets with different groupings of schools to match the average ISP of the schools in each group to equal or greater then the goal ISP.
- Each row in the table shows the summary data for each Set that was created.
- Click on View # Groups to see the Groups for each Set.
View Data Set from Run Table
- You can also see all the Runs which have been created for a data upload.
- Runs differ based on the parameters that were used to create them.
- There can be multiple runs down for Data Uploads.
Viewing Data Groups
- This table shows you the data Groups that are in the Set you clicked on. This also shows you the following data:
- Average ISP across all schools in the Group.
- Total Number of Identified Students
- Total Enrollment
- The # of Schools that are included in this Group.
- You can click on the View # Schools to see all the schools listed.
Viewing Schools in a Group
This shows you all the schools that are included in the selected data Group.
From this link, FRAC staff or administrators can view all the data. The primary tool is Upload Table Admin. This shows a screen similar to this:
If you click on the Delete button it will delete all records associated with that upload. That includes:
- Upload Record
- Any links between Groups & Schools
It will not remove School data. That is updated every time a new upload happens.